YPIA’s 2013 Top 35 Under 35
February 6, 2013
Last year Young People in International Affairs (YPIA) embarked on a search for the top 35 young African leaders in international affairs under the age of 35. What we found were some amazing individuals doing extraordinary things. We are proud to say that we accomplished our goal of finding people that can truly inspire others. Media in Africa and around the world also highlighted the stories and accomplishments of the 2012 Top 35 Under 35 winners.
Due to the project’s success, YPIA is proud to announce the second annual Top 35 Under 35, but with a twist. This year we are looking for foreigners under 35 years of age making an impact in one or more African countries in the fields of politics, business, media, education/academia, community development and science and technology.
We need your help. The call for nominations for the 2013 Top 35 under 35 is now open. To nominate yourself or another person, please complete the form by March 31, 2013 (see link below to access form).
To qualify, the nominee must met the following conditions:
1. Under the age of 35;
2. Not be a citizen of an African country;
3. Excelling in their respective field and area of expertise;
4. Making a substantial impact in one or more African countries on critical African issues and international affairs;
5. Recognised among colleagues and the broader community as a leader/future leader who is dedicated to helping the African continent;
6. Values ethics and human rights.
YPIA is an entity at the forefront of identifying and creating opportunities for international affairs enthusiasts throughout the African continent. YPIA promotes young African leadership and cooperation based on meeting the challenges of today’s international world.
For more information and to download the official nomination form, please click here.